Ice House Park was previously home to the Conneaut Lake Ice Company, which provided a key economic resource to the community from 1880 into the 1930s. In 2007, with Keystone funds and a community effort led by Dr. Robert Moss, a public park was developed on the southern tip of the lake where the ice houses once stood, offering a scenic view of the lake complete with seating, a lawn area for community gatherings, and new sidewalks. A series of historical markers can be found on the site.