Fireman’s Beach, formerly known as Dennis Beach, has served as a popular location for picnics and recreation since the land became available for public access sometime between 1952 and 1956. With the railroad tracks passing through, visitors would have trouble finding a spot to lay a blanket on a summer weekend due to the large crowds it attracted. The Red Wing Ferry, which docked nearby, provided transportation to Conneaut Lake Park for beach goers. Concession stands provided snacks and drinks. Today Fireman’s Beach is one of the only public access spots on the lakeshore and still serves as a great location for those wishing to get some sun or cool down on a hot summer day.